
When I was in Argentina, I felt as though the Argentine pesos were "monopoly money" because the vivid colors of the money did not seem real to me. Well thanks to the U.S. economy, there are talks in Milwaukee, Wisconsin of producing their own money, and use this money to help support local businesses instead of those like Wal-Mart and Home Depot. This idea is COMPLETELY LEGAL, which surprised me. As long as the money does not resemble the U.S. dollar it's fine. But what exactly is the incentive for using this money? Apparently, it will have 10% more use than the regular dollar, so instead of 100 U.S. dollars, their money would be 110 *Milwaukee-ian* (made the name up) dollars, making that a great exchange rate.
I think it is a fabulous idea. It reminds me of the system that UGA uses: Bulldog Bucks is a card system that allows students to load U.S. dollars onto the card to use it at local eateries and businesses and around campus at the vending and laundry machines. The only difference is that this will actually be printed money.
For more information, visit this link!
No comments:
Post a Comment